Are you getting a Subscription Box from somewhere? They are such a fun way to give a gift to yourself for just hanging in there for another month, right?
When I first got connected with the quilting world outside of my own world, there was a little quilt shop on a farm somewhere in Kentucky or Tennessee that would send me a new bunch of Charm Squares of their latest arrivals. This was in the mid to late 1990’s, you know, Last Century? So I had to SEND them a CHECK in the Postal Mail!! Barbaric, I know.
I do remember loving getting those little charms every month for a year. Always so exciting!
Now there are Subscription Boxes for so many things. There are boxes for foods, makeup, nail polish, guy stuff, everything. And of course there are quilting boxes!
I wrote to the peeps over at Quilty Box, because I thought it would be so fun to curate a Blue Nickel Box, right? Well, they sent me a fun box for February just so I could see what it is all about. I was going to post here about it IN February, but it’s almost the Ides of March and I am just getting to it. But you can see a fun little Time Lapse I did on Instagram here back IN February.
Check out all of these goodies!
- 10″ squares of Angela Pingel‘s Curious Dream fabric from Windham Fabrics. Fun prints in very unique colors – mostly tonals, too, SO useful!
- Angela’s Take Heart quilt pattern – Sweet pattern – perfect for using up Scraps, and you know how much I love those!
- Clover’s Point to Point tool by Joan Hawley — I seriously didn’t know I needed this. It looks so cool; I can barely wait to use it.
- Wonder Clips also from Clover — How did we ever live without those before?
- Sewline Glue Pen — I have never tried using a glue pen for sewing, but now I have a chance – Will I get hooked?
- AND a cute little bunny charm — which I now see is missing in these pictures. I thought for sure that I had it in here. When I make a zipper pouch, which is on the list for this year as I have NEVER sewn in a zipper, I will put the little bunny on the zipper pull.
The peeps at Quilty Box wanted me to share some of the details about Quilty Boxes in general:
- Quilty Box is a monthly subscription box of fun quilting supplies. They offer plans from $44-48/mo.
- 5% of the profits of multi-month subscriptions are donated to Quilts for Kids – a non-profit which donates quilts for children in need
- Each month they have 4 or more products (fabric, patterns, thread, or notions)
- The retail value of the products in the box is always more than $60
- Their hashtags are #QuiltyBox and #GetQuilty
It looks like they announce the next month’s box each month, and you can buy them one month at a time as well as by subscription.
How about I share just a little bit of The February Box with you?
Please leave a comment about what you would like to see in a Quilty Box Subscription Box in the future. Next week, I will draw a name from the comments and send the winner Angela’s Take Heart pattern and some of the 10″ squares of Curious Dream and a couple Wonder Clips AND a little coupon for 10% off your first box from Quilty Box.
Sound like a plan? Be sure to leave a comment below and check out that video over on my Instagram page.
Keep Sewing, Keep Happy,