I am so thankful.
For so many things:
- My Best Friend and Savior Jesus – I may not be an obvious or typical Jesus Freak, but I know that I need Him every single day, hour, minute, microsecond, you get the picture.
- My wife (My other Best Friend) – who keeps sticking with me in spite of the mess and silliness that is me.
- My kids – who though they groan at my Dad Jokes, I know that they love me (most of the time) and they know that I love them (all of the time).
- My friends (this includes you) – and there are SOOOO many from SOOOOO many walks of life – many of which are not at all like mine; I am grateful for each one of them (you included!) – even the cantankerous ones.
- And the rest of my family as well – always adding interest to every holiday in one way or another.
- My Day Job at Costco – A rich, diverse group of people to work with and a steady income to pay for the big stuff.
- My Second/Third Act Job at Blue Nickel Studios (that’s here! 🙂 ) – I will never have to worry about being bored. Ever. And if I am, just one look from my wife will tell me to clean up my “room” (just like we told the kids when they were “bored”) – It’s amazing how the thought of cleaning up a mess can spark new creative moments! 🙂
- Wonderful Sponsoring Companies with great products to work with!
- Diet Pepsi, Cranberry Bliss Bars, Chocolate, Peanut Butter AND Chocolate, Ice Cream (strangely preferably not chocolate ice cream)
- Cats, Old houses, New roads, Bulkhead seats on the plane.
- Trees in all shapes and forms.
- Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer — Generally in that order but lately; fairly evenly – each has its own charms.
- Fresh Sheets.
- I think this list could go on a continual loop mode, huh?
Oh, and I guess I am thankful that I finally am getting these placemats and this table runner done.
I have had this Thanksgiving themed fabric for probably over 10 years by now. I have been wanting to get these done FOREVER.
I am not quite finished binding them all (I’ve made 10 altogether – need 7 bound by Thursday – have 2 1/2 done – who needs sleep!?), but I think I can get them done before setting the table on Thursday.
And speaking of setting the table, I goofed around with free clipart in Illustrator on my computer and came up with these fun little color-it-yourself placecards.
I made this PDF so you can print your own! Give the kids some coloring pencils or crayons and keep them busy for just a little bit making these for your table too.
Just because I know you need something easy to do this week.
That’s it for today.
Happy Thanksgiving to you
– try to remember that none of your family is perfect and neither are you, love on each other in spite of differences, and if you have to drink a little more wine to make it easier, so be it.
And of course,
Keep Sewing, Keep Happy,