admin October 9th, 2011
Thanks for stopping by for Emily’s Scrap Republic Book Tour!
You didn’t know you were coming to the Blue Nickel on a tour day?? Oh then it is your lucky day…there’s a fun little interview….a little delving into the book…and a whole lotta blue pictures….AND a WHOPPER of a prize offering….I mean seriously….FIVE prizes to FIVE people! That rocks!!
Emily wanted all of the stops along the tour to reflect a particular color as the book is such a celebration of color! I tried to get my favorite color which is red, but for some reason I was forced into getting blue….probably something to do with branding and keeping me in line, but whatever! :)
So I have been looking for my favorite blue stuff, and the good thing is that like Emily, I also love abundant color and therefore had no problem finding a lot of blue around here…as evidenced throughout this post..
I also thought it would be fun to give Emily a mini “blue” interview about …well..blueness….
What 3 songs make you Bluer than Blue??
- - Red Rain
- - We All Live in a Yellow Submarine
- - Black Hole Sun
and here’s the song that inspired that question 😉
What 3 things make you as Happy as Blue Skies?
- - grey skies
- - finishing up a big project
- - and seeing happy little smilie faces belonging to Maeve & Liam
Pick one of these three: Blueberry shake, Blueberry muffin, Blueberry pancakes…
None of the above. Blueberries are the worst things to ever grow on a plant. Strawberries on the other hand…
(we obviously have a rule breaker here!)
Two truths and a lie:
- —Actively sought out grizzly bears (to photograph) on our honeymoon
- —Sewing machine shaped tattoo on my lower back
- —Toenail polish of choice: blue with rainbow sparkly sprinkles
Okay….and I should talk about the book too, huh? Simply put….buy it! That is if you love color and have a ton of scraps and love good instructions and don’t like to toss out even the tiniest bit of THAT favorite print, or THAT one, or THAT one either. You can use them all!!
What’s more even if you don’t have a ton of scraps, each of the scrappy quilts shown has an alternate version that you can use for that incredible fat quarter pack you bought back in 2009 but can’t figure out what you want to do with it. You know the one I am talking about. If you get this book, you can finally get some use out of that pack AND be on your way to the obsessive compulsive
hoarder collector of a great start on the scrappier versions!
Are you ready for the prizes? Check it out!
- - Scrap Republic from C&T Publishing—printed version for US residents, PDF for international
- - Scrap Republic Eco Tote from C&T Publishing—US residents only
- - Bag o’ Scraps from Robert Kaufman—US and International
- - ROY G BIV Essential Cotton Thread in Red, Pumpkin, Butter, Lime, Cerulean, Midnight, and Red Violet from Connecting Threads—US residents only
- - Mrs. Roy G. Biv Pattern from Carolina Patchworks (the pattern that inspired the book!)—US and International
All you need to do is tell me about your favorite blue, however you interpret that! oh, and try to guess what Emily’s lie is from above. I will let you know when I announce the winners next week!
And in case you missed the schedule, here you go…remember this prize package is at EVERY stop of the tour! is that incredible or what?! Tomorrow my friend John has a cool group…Indigo, Black, Brown, Grey…...hhhhmmm that sounds like an awesome quilt, doesn’t it?
Saturday October 8: Green