To the Future….and Beyond
Happy Groundhog’s Day! In the near future, what are you looking forward to the most?
This prompt is one of the easiest ones yet! For Two reasons, Groundhog’s Day, today, is MY BIRTHDAY!! So, yeah, I have a really easy time celebrating it!! And what am I looking forward to most in the near future? Well, there is actually a LOT that I am excited about.
Yesterday was my official last day at one of my day jobs. The one that I had been doing for 25 years plus. Yeah, a long time. It had been becoming less and less satisfying for me over the years, but it supplied enough for our family to make it along. Mostly. During the last few years, the income from that job didn’t seem to be rising with our expenses though and so every year was harder. And as the income became less satisfying, the job became even less satisfying. I don’t want to complain about it though, because I worked with a LOT of wonderful people in various locations over the years, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. It was just time to “retire” from that career and move on.
So this is what I am looking forward to:
- Making my design and quilt business grow, with a lot of sewing, networking, writing, designing……
- Spending more time with my family again (6 months of 4 jobs — 2 dayjobs and 2 creative jobs — makes it hard to watch your kids grow oh so fast!!)
- Helping out more with the peeps over at Generation Q.
- Getting raises and promotions at my new more satisfying dayjob. I don’t know if I like this dayjob so much just because it is a different environment, or because I just like it more. After 25 years with one company though, it is nice to think that there may be something better perhaps? Time will tell.
- Getting out in our gardens more this year. Last year, I barely had time for anything in the yard.
- Getting the house painted….and a bunch of other painting done as well.
- SEWING more!!
- Blogging more!!
- Writing and designing more!!
There are actually many more things that I am looking forward to. And a lot of these things sound like the list in my second Folk Journal Post here, but I sure have had fun thinking about them. Now is the time to start doing them.
But since the prompt asks the questions with “the most” as a qualifier, I guess I would have to say what I am looking forward to the most is more Blue Nickel Biz and the last three things on the list! I have big plans, and most of that time that I spent at the second dayjob, I plan on spending pumping the Blue Nickel pedals….
So in other words, you should hear from me more often!
If you Instagram, be sure to follow me here. I have been finding that a wonderful “instant mini blog post” option and have been using it a lot!!
P.S. Oh, and one more thing. For starters, on my new day job, I can grow a full beard (not quite this full, but full). I haven’t had a full beard since 1984 or so…..so, yeah, I am looking forward to that too…Here’s 4 days into it photographed for you.
P.P.S. Oh, and for the immediate future, today, I will be busting out 24 more of these blocks….because they are fun….and a “just for me” project…..possibly the only one for this year?? So on today of all days, that is what I will be doing!
So Happy Groundhog’s day to you! and Happy Birthday to me! and remember to check out the other Folk Journal peeps answering the question what are you looking forward to?